In The Star:
- Mark Morris has a full report on the denial of Katheryn Shields' request for a speedy trial.
- Brian Burnes reports that Sugar Creek is making progress in its bid to get a casino.
- David Klepper covered a Kansas House hearing on the plan to require that girls get a cervical cancer vaccine.
- Kit Wagar was at a Missouri Senate hearing where KC community leaders asked for a housing code court.
Elsewhere: Selections from The Hotline's "Wake-Up Call," ABC's The Note and others.
- The New York Times' Jeff Zeleny examines the split among House Democrats on how strong their resolution on Iraq should be. Zeleny also looks at the the Senate stalemate.
- Kate Zernike of The Times profiles Sen. Joe Lieberman, unshackled by the pressures of partisanship and strongly defending President Bush's plan for Iraq.
- The Washington Post ed board slams Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for not disclosing the names of her fund-raising bundlers as Bush did in both of his campaigns and as Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain have pledged to do.
- "AIR-OGANT NANCY," reads the New York Post headline on a story about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's request that she use a military plane for trips.
- Columnist James Lileks proposes Rudy Giuliani's campaign slogan should be, "He dealt with Brooklyn. He can handle Iraq."
Posted by Keith Chrostowski