Appearing on ABC News' "This Week" today, newly minted presidential candidate Sam Brownback said he can win the White House through a competition of ideas.
He also called Democrat Hillary Clinton bright and talented and admitted he once asked her to forgive him for his one-time hatred of her.
On other matters, Brownback:
- Vowed to place a strict constructionalist on the U.S. Supreme Court, saying that's the best way to ensure the overturn of Roe v. Wade.
- Said the anti-abortion crowd will have to decide if rival candidate Mitt Romney is a true abortion opponent.
- Said Rudy Giuliani will have a tough time winning the GOP nomination because he favors abortion rights.
- Passed on saying whether it should be legal for gay couples to adopt children. That's an issue for the states, he said.
- Said President Bush was unable to fully implement a compassionate conservative agenda because he was distracted by the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks.
Posted by Steve Kraske